Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.23 Released
Improved tethering support via Image Transmitter
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Apr 20, 2017
The key improvement in these updates is the ability to change many new settings while tethering, including the drive mode, image format, and focus fine tuning. Note that you must already own a copy of Image Transmitter 2 in order to use this update— the software is not free and is available for purchase from Pentax outlets. You can install the latest firmware even if you don't plan on using Image Transmitter, however, as the firmware is cumulative and includes all previous enhancements.
See our in-depth review for more information about the Pentax 645Z.
Official Release Notes - Camera Firmware
Official Release Notes - Image Transmitter 2
Pentax 645Z firmware update instructions:
- Download the latest firmware ZIP file
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera's SD1 slot and ensure the battery fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Note that all Pentax updates are cumulative, so you do not need to install or download previous updates (nor is it possible to do so).
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Venus Optics Laowa 12mm F2.8 In-depth Review
- October "Mirror Image" Contest...
- Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro Officially Announced
- Pentax in 2018: What the Brand Brings to the Table
- Announcing "Negative Space" - Our...
- The Making of "Southerdown Sunset"
- PhotoPlus 2018: Pentax Interview and Report
- Ricoh WG-60 Officially Announced