Pentax K-01 Firmware v1.01 Released
Stability and autofocus improvements
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Oct 11, 2012
Pentax has just released a firmware update for the Pentax K-01 which includes the following changes:
- Improved the auto focus performance
- Improved stability of recording for some SDHC/SDXC memory card
- Improved stability for general performance
It is very welcome to finally see see a stability update for something other than a high-end body, let alone an update that improves autofocus.
In order to upgrade your firmware, follow these simple steps:
- Download the firmware ZIP file using the link above
- Unzip the zip file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera on and go to the setup tab in the menu;select the "firmware" option
- Select "Yes"at the firmware upgrade prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go back to the firmware option in the setup menu. The screen should indicate version 1.x, where x is the latest version number for your camera, as listed above. You can now resume normal camera use.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.41 Released
- Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.23 Released
- Pentax HD D FA 15-30mm F2.8 Review Posted
- Ricoh Stays Committed to Cameras & Pentax...
- Topaz Spring Sale: 40% Off Everything
- The Making of "Autumn Colors"
- Review of the Everyday Sling Bag by Peak Design
- "Benches" Photo Contest Winners