Pentax K-01 and K-30 Firmware v1.03 Released
Fixed firmware v1.02 bug
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Feb 28, 2013
Pentax has just announced a new firmware update (v1.03) for the K-30 and K-01 cameras, which fixes an issue introduced in firmware v1.02 which prevented lenses from autofocusing properly in movie mode. All the latest firmware files can be downloaded directly from Pentax Japan's support web site. Read on for easy-to-follow installation instructions!
K-01 and K-30 Firmware Upgrade Instructions
- Download the firmware ZIP file corresponding to your camera
- Unzip the zip file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera on and go to the setup tab in the menu;select the "firmware" option
- Select "Yes"at the firmware upgrade prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go back to the firmware option in the setup menu. The screen should indicate the new firmware version. You can now resume normal camera use.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- HD Pentax D-FA 150-450mm F4.5-F5.6 Review Posted
- Review of the Off Road Hiker 30 Backpack by...
- Pentax KP $987 with Free Battery Grip
- The Making of "Island Hopping in the Tidal...
- Behind the Scenes: Ultra-Wide Review Cover Photo
- Big June Pentax Lens Sale
- "Flowing Water" Photo Contest Winners
- Topaz Releases Free Topaz Studio