Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.20 Released
Adds KAF4 mount support
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Aug 4, 2016
Ricoh Imaging has just released its second firmware update for the Pentax K-1. As promised at the time of the launch of the new KAF4 lens mount, the update enables the camera to control the aperture of KAF4 lenses, which use an electromagnetic diaphragm rather than the traditional stop-down lever.
The (APS-C format) DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE is currently the only lens with the KAF4 mount. It is due for release shortly.
Download the K-1 firmware from the official Pentax firmware site.
Official Pentax K-1 v1.20 firmware notes:
- Corresponds to [KAF4 lens mount] that is equipped with an electromagnetic diaphragm control system. Enables new lens HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE to function.
- Improved stability for general performance.
A similar update was also released today for the following cameras:
The latest Pentax K-70 natively supports KAF4 lenses.
Pentax K-1 Firmware Update Instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Fully charge your battery (firmware will not update at fewer than 3 bars)
- Insert the card into your camera's SD1 slot
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Note that all updates are cumulative, so the latest firmware version includes the contents of all previous versions.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
See our in-depth review for more information about the Pentax K-1.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...
- Ricoh announces 97% profit increase for Fiscal...
- The K1000 that Survived Being Run Over by a Tank
- Announcing Our May, 2023 Photo Contest