Pentax K-3 Firmware v1.02 Released
Numerous stability improvements and one new feature
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Feb 5, 2014
Pentax has just officially released its second firmware update for the Pentax K-3 flagship: version 1.02. The update is available for download here, and like all other updates, it is cumulative meaning that previous updates are included in the latest download.
This update adds one new feature to the K-3:
- Added AA-filter simulator bracketing support
The update also includes three stability fixes:
- Improved the reliability of the battery meter when using the battery grip
- Improved the continuous shooting performance of AF.C autofocus
- Improved general stability / fixed minor bugs
Check out the k-3 v1.02 firmware thread on the forum to see what others are saying so far about this update, or read on for installation instructions.
Pentax K-3 firmware update instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
See our in-depth review for more information about the Pentax K-3.