Pentax K-3 Firmware v1.11 Released
A potential fix for the "mirror flop" issue
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Aug 22, 2014
Pentax has just officially released firmware version 1.11 for the Pentax K-3 DSLR. This is a bugfix update which may possibly have addressed the infamous "mirror flop" issue, as well as another bug related to EXIF data with flash use. The new firmware is available for download on the official Ricoh Imaging web site. Read on for installation instructions.
The English translation of the firmware changes by Pentax is difficult to understand:
- "Corrected – When shooting image after using the Built-in flash, Exif data of shutter speed is not updated on Version 1.10."
- "Added automatic reset function when detecting rarely occur abnormal motion of the sequence.
(When automatic reset function is operated, latest setting will be reset)"
Please share your experience with this update in the comments section below.
Pentax K-3 firmware update instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
See our in-depth review for more information about the Pentax K-3.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our October, 2023 Photo Contest
- August 2023 "People" Photo Contest...
- Pentax KF, K-3 III and K-3 III Monochrome...
- Pentax O-ICK1 Sensor Cleaning Kit Review
- August "People" Contest Finalists...
- The Pentax Cross-format Lens and Accessory Guide
- Clackers: The master of dad jokes, beginner...
- Announcing Our September, 2023 Photo Contest