Pentax K-3 II Firmware v1.10 Released
Adds KAF4 mount support
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Aug 4, 2016
Ricoh Imaging has just released its first update for the Pentax K-3 II. As promised at the time of the launch of the new KAF4 lens mount, the update enables the camera to control the aperture of KAF4 lenses, which use an electromagnetic diaphragm rather than the traditional stop-down lever.
The video-optimized DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE is currently the only lens with the KAF4 mount. It is due for release shortly.
Note that a corresponding update was not released for the Pentax K-3, meaning that the aforementioned lens will always shoot wide-open on that camera.
Download the K-3 II firmware from the official Pentax firmware site.
Official Pentax K-3 II v1.10 firmware notes:
A similar update was also released today for the following cameras:
The latest Pentax K-70 natively supports KAF4 lenses.
Pentax K-3 II firmware update instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Note that all updates are cumulative, so the latest firmware version includes the contents of all previous versions.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
See our in-depth review for more information about the Pentax K-3 II.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- "Cityscape, Framed Within a Frame"...
- K-1 Hardware Upgrade: Pentax Loves You, Too
- Pentax K-1 II Officially Announced
- Lensbaby's New Burnside 35: Swirl and...
- Cactus Enhances Wireless Flash Capabilities for...
- Pentax K-1 II Preliminary Specifications
- Pentax K-1 II On the Horizon
- K-3 II Farewell Deal: Price drop & free grip