Pentax K-3 III Firmware Update v1.02 Released
Minor stability fixes
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Jun 7, 2021
Ricoh Imaging has released its second update for the Pentax K-3 III to address some minor stability issues.
Download the K-3 III firmware from the official Pentax firmware site.
Official Pentax K-3 III v1.02 firmware notes:
- Improved – When using both SD card slot 1 and slot 2 at the same time, operation becomes unstable in rare cases when using some SD cards.
- Improved stability for general performance.
Note that all updates are cumulative, so the latest firmware version includes the contents of all previous versions.
To discuss this update, please visit this thread or our Pentax K-3 III forum.
Pentax K-3 III firmware update instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Need help? See our firmware update guide.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
Stay tuned for our in-depth review of the Pentax K-3 III, or learn more in the official announcement!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax DA* 16-50mm PLM Overview Video
- Announcing Our June, 2023 Photo Contest
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...
camera, download, dslr, firmware, k-3 mark 3, pentax k-3 iii, update