Pentax K-3 III Firmware Update v1.02 Released
Minor stability fixes
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Jun 7, 2021
Ricoh Imaging has released its second update for the Pentax K-3 III to address some minor stability issues.
Download the K-3 III firmware from the official Pentax firmware site.
Official Pentax K-3 III v1.02 firmware notes:
Note that all updates are cumulative, so the latest firmware version includes the contents of all previous versions.
Pentax K-3 III firmware update instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Need help? See our firmware update guide.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
Stay tuned for our in-depth review of the Pentax K-3 III, or learn more in the official announcement!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- K-3 III How-to: Aperture Bracketing
- Announcing Our June 2021 Photo Contest
- Pre-announcement of Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit
- K-3 III How-to: Using M and K Lenses
- The Making of "Coronado's Gold"
- April 2021 "Panorama" Photo Contest...
- Vote Now: Something Special Contest #3
- April "Panorama" Contest Finalists...