Pentax K-3 III Firmware Update v1.20 Released
USB tethering support with Image Transmitter 2 v2.6.0
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Sep 28, 2021
Ricoh Imaging has released its fourth update for the Pentax K-3 III, which now adds full USB tethering support when combined with the Image Transmitter 2 software (also simultaneously updated to version 2.6.0). In addition, this firmware update addresses some minor stability issues.
To learn more about tethering with Image Transmitter 2, check out our in-depth review. Note that this software is sold separately.
Download the K-3 III firmware from the official Pentax firmware site.
Official Pentax K-3 III v1.20 firmware notes:
To discuss this update, please visit our Pentax K-3 III forum.
Pentax K-3 III firmware update instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Note that all updates are cumulative, so the latest firmware version includes the contents of all previous versions. Need help? See our firmware update guide.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
Stay tuned for our in-depth review of the Pentax K-3 III in October, or learn more in the official announcement!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our December, 2022 Photo Contest
- Pentax eBook Cyber Monday Sale: Save 25%
- Pentax Black Friday Deal Roundup - 2022
- Black Friday: The Ultimate Forum Account Upgrade!
- October 2022 "Fill the Frame" Photo...
- Venus Laowa 20mm F4 Zero-D Shift Lens Review...
- October "Fill the Frame" Contest...
- Pentax announces a new DSLR, the Pentax KF