Pentax K-3 III Firmware Update v1.31 Released
New JPEG custom image preset added
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Dec 7, 2021
Ricoh Imaging has released a firmware update for the Pentax K-3 III which adds a new custom image preset called "Satobi". This preset delivers slightly muted colors similar to early film prints, delivering an artistic nostalgic effect.
In addition, a tone curve will now be displayed for each preset in the custom image menu.
These features will be coming to the Pentax K-1 and K-1 II in the near future.
Download the K-3 III firmware from the official Pentax firmware site.
Official Pentax K-3 III v1.31 firmware notes:
To discuss this update, please visit our Pentax K-3 III forum.
Or, learn more about the Pentax K-3 III in our in-depth review.
Pentax K-3 III firmware update instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Note that all updates are cumulative, so the latest firmware version includes the contents of all previous versions. You only need to install the latest version. Need help? See our firmware update guide.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our December, 2023 Photo Contest
- Pentax eBook Sale: Save 25%
- October 2023 "Night Scene" Photo...
- Black Friday: The Ultimate Forum Account Upgrade!
- The New "Best of Pentax Forums"...
- Pentax WG-90 point and shoot camera announced
- Now Live: November 2023 Limited Lens Giveaway
- October "Night Scene" Contest...