Pentax K-3 III Firmware Update v1.60 Released
New JPEG custom image preset and a key bugfix
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Oct 19, 2022
Ricoh Imaging has released a firmware update for the Pentax K-3 III which adds a new custom image preset called "Kyushu". This preset delivers slightly muted colors designed for pleasing images of autumn landscapes.
In addition, a bug has been fixed where the K-3 III was not displaying the customized name of User modes on the rear LCD. These will now be shown as expected, which makes keeping track of the selected mode easier.
The new preset was also added to the Pentax K-1 and K-1 II in a separate firmware update.
Download the K-3 III firmware from the official Pentax firmware site.
Official Pentax K-3 III v1.60 firmware notes:
To discuss this update, please visit our Pentax K-3 III forum.
Pentax K-3 III firmware update instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Note that all updates are cumulative, so the latest firmware version includes the contents of all previous versions. You only need to install the latest version. Need help? See our firmware update guide.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our December, 2022 Photo Contest
- Pentax eBook Cyber Monday Sale: Save 25%
- Pentax Black Friday Deal Roundup - 2022
- Black Friday: The Ultimate Forum Account Upgrade!
- October 2022 "Fill the Frame" Photo...
- Venus Laowa 20mm F4 Zero-D Shift Lens Review...
- October "Fill the Frame" Contest...
- Pentax announces a new DSLR, the Pentax KF