Pentax K-30 Firmware v1.01 Released
Stability and CDAF improvements
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Oct 30, 2012
Alongside last week's Pentax Q firmware update, Pentax also released a small update for the K-30. K-30 firmware version 1.01, officially launched on October 25th, includes stability improvements (bug fixes) as well as improvements to its contrast-detect (live view) autofocus.
It seems that Pentax is deploying its new contrast detect autofocus algorithms on all cameras newer than the K-5, which is great to see. A similar update was released for the Pentax K-01 on October 11th.
Click here to download the firmware, and read on for installation instructions.
Pentax K-30 firmware upgrade instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file using the link above
- Unzip the zip file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera on and go to the setup tab in the menu
- Select the "firmware" option
- Select "Yes"at the firmware upgrade prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go back to the firmware option in the setup menu. The screen should indicate version 1.x, where x is the latest version number for your camera, as listed above. You can now resume normal camera use.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax KP eBook Now Available
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.41 Released
- Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.23 Released
- Pentax HD D FA 15-30mm F2.8 Review Posted
- Ricoh Stays Committed to Cameras & Pentax...
- Topaz Spring Sale: 40% Off Everything
- The Making of "Autumn Colors"
- Review of the Everyday Sling Bag by Peak Design