Pentax K-30 Firmware v1.04 Released
Fixes bug in v1.03
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Apr 4, 2013
Pentax has just released a new (v1.04) firmware update for the K-30 which addresses instabilities found in v1.03, the previous firmware from late February. The new firmware does not introduce any new features or other improvements.
Since all Pentax firmware updates are cumulative, those who are running v1.02 or older will benefit from the fixes found in v1.03 when installing v1.04. We recommend that all K-30 owners update to the latest firmware version for the best possible stability.
Click here to download the firmware, and read on for installation instructions.
Pentax K-30 firmware update instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file using the link above
- Unzip the zip file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera on and go to the setup tab in the menu
- Select the "firmware" option
- Select "Yes"at the firmware upgrade prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go back to the firmware option in the setup menu. The screen should indicate the new version. You can now resume normal camera use.