Pentax K-5 Firmware 1.03 Released
AF accuracy fixed as promised
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Mar 10, 2011
Pentax Japan has just released the new firmware for the K-5 that we announced last week here on the homepage. As expected, it fixes the known bug in the K-5's AF system and introduces other stability improvements.
Once you have the firmware downloaded, follow these steps to install it:
- Unzip the file
- Copy fwdc209b.bin to a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the Menu button
- Select "Yes" when prompted on the screen
- Once the screen displays "Complete", you can turn off your camera
Enjoy! The corresponding K-r update will be released shortly as well!
If you are ever looking for the latest firmware versions in the future, be aware that we always list them on our DSLR comparison page!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax Forums Giveaway: Win a Pentax D FA★...
- March "Portrait" Contest Finalists...
- Pentax K-3 III: Available for US Pre-order
- Announcing Our April 2021 Photo Contest
- Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Officially Announced
- Theta Z1 51GB Announced
- The Making of "Sleepless in Seattle"
- February 2021 "Cityscape by Night"...