Pentax K-5 Firmware 1.12 Now Available
GPS and stability fixes
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Jan 12, 2012
Firmware version 1.12 for the Pentax K-5 has finally been officially released! As expected, this update only includes stability fixes.
According to the Japanese Pentax site, the following change was made:
- Corrected --- When O-GPS1 is mounted on the K-5 and taking a picture of starry sky with long exposure tracing by ASTROTRACER function, a band of light green noise rarely occur on image depending on photographic condition.
According to other sources, other minor stability issues (such as feezing) have also been addressed via this firmware. The previous firmware version, 1.11, was released nearly 6 months ago.
Download the firmware or read on for installation instructions. As always, this firmware includes all the updates introduced in previous versions.
In order to upgrade your K-5's firmware, follow these simple steps:
- Download the firmware to your computer
- Unzip the zip file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the Menu button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, hold the menu button while powering your camera on. The screen should indicate version 1.12. You should then power off your camera and resume normal use.