Pentax K-5 II and K-5 IIs Firmware v1.03
Exposure improvements with AA batteries
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Mar 7, 2013
Pentax has just posted a firmware update for the Pentax K-5 II and K-5 IIs on the Japanese support site. Firmware version 1.03 fixes stability bugs and improves exposure performance when using AA batteries via the battery grip.
User reports suggest that this firmware also corrects an issue with bounce flash exposure.
Quick download links (from Pentax.jp):
Pentax K-5 II Firmware Update Instructions
- Download the firmware ZIP file corresponding to your camera
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, hold the menu button while powering your camera on. The screen should indicate version 1.03. You should then power off your camera and resume normal use.
To learn more about the Pentax K-5 II and K-5 IIs, take a look at our in-depth review!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- 2018 Pentax Forums T-Shirts Now Available
- August "Movement at Night" Contest...
- New Pentax Lens Compatibility Tool
- Labor Day Pentax eBook Sale: 20% Off
- Announcing "Sunset or Moonrise" - Our...
- The Making of "Just Relaxing"
- "Vacation Atmosphere" Contest Winners
- The 5 Lens Autofocus Drive Types Explained