Pentax K-5 II and K-5 IIs Firmware v1.04
Status screen bugfix
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Apr 18, 2013
Pentax has just announced a new firmware update for the Pentax K-5 II and K-5 IIs on their Japanese support site. Firmware version 1.04 fixes an issue that could potentially freeze the camera's status screen. The firmware also brings the usual "stability improvements".
Quick download links (from Pentax.jp):
The original Pentax K-5 is not affected by this bug, and thus there is no new firmware update for it.
Pentax K-5 II/IIs Firmware Update Instructions
- Download the firmware ZIP file corresponding to your camera using the official download links above
- Extract the ZIP file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes" at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, hold the menu button while powering your camera on. The screen should indicate version 1.04. You should then power off your camera and resume normal use.
All Pentax firmware updates are cumulative, so by installing the latest update you also receive all the fixes and features from previous updates.
To learn more about the Pentax K-5 II and K-5 IIs, take a look at our in-depth review!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- 2018 Pentax Forums T-Shirts Now Available
- August "Movement at Night" Contest...
- New Pentax Lens Compatibility Tool
- Labor Day Pentax eBook Sale: 20% Off
- Announcing "Sunset or Moonrise" - Our...
- The Making of "Just Relaxing"
- "Vacation Atmosphere" Contest Winners
- The 5 Lens Autofocus Drive Types Explained