Pentax K-5 II and K-5 IIs Firmware v1.01
Stability improvements for Pentax's flagship
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Jan 17, 2013
Pentax has just posted a firmware update for the Pentax K-5 II and K-5 IIs on the Japanese support site. Firmware version 1.01 fixes stability bugs and adds an option allowing you to adjust the contrast of the rear LCD display.
User reports suggest that this firmware corrects an issue which caused the K-5 II to sometimes freeze in HDR mode.
Quick download links:
Follow these instructions to update your K-5 II's firmware:
- Download the firmware ZIP file corresponding to your camera
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, hold the menu button while powering your camera on. The screen should indicate version 1.01. You should then power off your camera and resume normal use.
To learn more about the Pentax K-5 II and K-5 IIs, take a look at our in-depth review!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Venus Optics Laowa 12mm F2.8 In-depth Review
- October "Mirror Image" Contest...
- Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro Officially Announced
- Pentax in 2018: What the Brand Brings to the Table
- Announcing "Negative Space" - Our...
- The Making of "Southerdown Sunset"
- PhotoPlus 2018: Pentax Interview and Report
- Ricoh WG-60 Officially Announced