Pentax K-70 Firmware v1.10 Released
Stability fix update
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Aug 10, 2016
Ricoh Imaging has just released a new firmware update for the Pentax K-70. This update optimizes support for the newly-launched DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE lens. Following the update, it is also possible to change the ISO between shots in the multiple exposure drive mode.
Download the K-70 firmware from the official Pentax firmware site.
Pentax K-70 v1.10 firmware notes:
An update for the Pentax Digital Camera Utility 5 desktop software was also released today. Version 5.6.1 adds support for the K-70 as well as the new 55-300mm lens. In addition, it corrects some bugs related to Pixel Shift files, and improves stability on Windows 10.
Pentax K-70 Firmware Update Instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Note that all updates are cumulative, so the latest firmware version includes the contents of all previous versions.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
See our K-70 first impressions review to learn more about the camera.