Pentax K-70 Firmware v1.11 Released
Stability improvement over prior firmware
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Aug 31, 2017
Ricoh Imaging has just released a new firmware update for the Pentax K-70. This update addresses an undisclosed stability which was introduced in the prior firmware update, v1.10. If you are not already using v1.10, you should still update to the latest firmware version for support for the new DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE lens.
Download the K-70 firmware from the official Pentax firmware site.
Pentax K-70 v1.11 firmware notes:
Learn more about the Pentax K-70 in our in-depth K-70 review.
Pentax K-70 Firmware Update Instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Note that all updates are cumulative, so the latest firmware version includes the contents of all previous versions.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Savings on Topaz Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs
- Ricoh announces new WG-80 point and shoot camera
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 3, 2022