Pentax K-S2 Firmware v1.02 Released
Bug fixes and stability improvements
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Jun 26, 2015
A bugfix firmware update has just been released for the Pentax K-S2. This update addresses a few stability and performance issues that affected a small number of users. No new features are included.
The new firmware is available for download on the official Japanese Ricoh Imaging web site. Read on for installation instructions.
New in Firmware v1.02
Below are the complete update notes from the Japanese Pentax firmware update site.
Pentax K-S2 Firmware Update Instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Note that all updates are cumulative, so the latest firmware version includes the contents of all previous versions.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
See our first impressions review for more information about the Pentax K-S2.