Pentax K-S2 Firmware v1.10 Released
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Aug 10, 2015
On August 5th, Pentax released a firmware update for the K-S2 to enhance compatibility with the Image Sync tethering app. The latest version of the app (v1.0.5, Aug 3rd) improves performance and makes it easier to view photos after they have been downloaded to your smartphone.
Learn more about the Pentax K-S2's wi-fi tethering in our in-depth walkthrough.
The new firmware is available for download from the official Pentax firmware site. Read on for installation instructions.
New in Firmware v1.10
Below are the complete update notes from the Japanese Pentax firmware update site.
- Correspond to latest version of Image Sync (v1.0.5)
- Improved stability for general performance.
Pentax K-S2 Firmware Update Instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Note that all updates are cumulative, so the latest firmware version includes the contents of all previous versions.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
See our in-depth review of the K-S2 to learn more about the camera.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax DA* 16-50mm PLM Overview Video
- Announcing Our June, 2023 Photo Contest
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...