Pentax K-S2 Firmware v1.11 Released
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Dec 17, 2015
On December 17th, Pentax released a firmware update for the K-S2 to correct / improve the performance of the astrotracer feature when the camera is paired with the O-GPS1 accessory.
The new firmware is available for download from the official Pentax firmware site. Read on for installation instructions.
New in Firmware v1.11
Below are the complete update notes from the official Pentax firmware update site.
Pentax K-S2 Firmware Update Instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Note that all updates are cumulative, so the latest firmware version includes the contents of all previous versions.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
See our in-depth review of the K-S2 to learn more about the camera.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- April 2022 "Urban Landscape" Photo...
- Savings on Topaz Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs
- Ricoh announces new WG-80 point and shoot camera
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...