Pentax KF, K-3 III and K-3 III Monochrome Firmware Updates
New Gold Custom image for color cameras; More custom buttons for both K3IIIs
By cjfeola in Firmware Updates on Sep 25, 2023
Version 2.10 for the K-3 III adds the Gold custom image setting, plus the ability to assign a function to the Fx button when it is pressed.
According to Pentax, the Gold custom image setting creates “gold-tinted images by applying yellow-toned finishes to brighter areas while expressing darker, shadow areas with bluish tones. Yellow tones become more intense in highlighted areas.”
The update also changes how the Fx button works, allowing one of 10 functions to be activated when the button is pressed. The options are:
- User AF (While Pressed)
- AE Lock (While Pressed)
- Preset Sv (While Pressed)
- Preset Tv (While Pressed)
- Preset Av (While Pressed)
- AE Metering (While Pressed)
- Flash Mode (While Pressed)
- HDR Capture (While Pressed)
- AA Filter Simulator (While Pressed)
- One touch RAW+
- Shake Reduction
- Key Lock
- Shooting Info Display (While Pressed)
The K-3 III update, which also brings improved stability, can be downloaded here.
Pentax also released the similar firmware version 2.10 for the Pentax K-3 Mark III Monochrome. The big difference, obviously, is that there is no Gold custom image mode. It adds the same Fx button enhancements as the original K-3 III, so the same 10 functions can be assigned, and also improves stability. Download it here.
The Pentax KF, meanwhile, gets a firmware update to version 1.30. The main feature here is the addition of the same Gold custom image setting as the K-3 III. The update, which also improves stability and updates fonts, can be downloaded here.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our December, 2023 Photo Contest
- Pentax eBook Sale: Save 25%
- October 2023 "Night Scene" Photo...
- Black Friday: The Ultimate Forum Account Upgrade!
- The New "Best of Pentax Forums"...
- Pentax WG-90 point and shoot camera announced
- Now Live: November 2023 Limited Lens Giveaway
- October "Night Scene" Contest...