Pentax Q Firmware 1.11 Released
Stability and autofocus improvements
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Mar 28, 2013
Pentax has just released a new v1.11 firmware update for the Pentax Q. This update introduces the same stability and autofocus improvements that were included in firmware version 1.01 for the newer Q10.
Download firmware v1.11 for the Pentax Q, and read on for installation instructions.
Please note: your camera settings will be reset after performing this upgrade.
Pentax Q firmware update instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file linked above
- Extract the contents of the ZIP and locate the fwdc601p.BIN file
- Copy the file to the root (top level) of your SD card and insert the card into your camera
- Ensure that your camera is fully charged, then power it on
- Press the menu button to access the menu screen
- Using the 4-way controller, go to the set up (3) menu tab
- Select the firmware version info option
- Press the right button on the 4-way controller and select "start" to begin the upgrade
- Wait until the display indicates "COMPLETE". The camera will then power itself off after 5 seconds
- Resume normal use. You can also go back to the firmware menu to verify that the version number has changed.
Important: do not turn your camea off while the upgrade is in progress, and do not remove the lens.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-3 III v1.50, K-1 II v1.40, K-1 v1.70...
- May 2022 "Ultra-wide Perspective"...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: June 22nd, 2022
- May "Ultra-wide Perspective" Contest...
- Venus Laowa Offers 15mm F4.5 R Zero-D Shift for...
- Ricoh Releases Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit
- The Making of "Mirror City"
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: June 2nd, 2022