Pentax Q Firmware Update v1.01 Released
Stability fixes and lens improvements for your Q
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Nov 2, 2011
This is a minor update which resolves several stability (freezing) issues in the camera and its lenses alike, and improves the overall resolution when using the"Fine" shaprness setting.
In order to upgrade your camera, follow these simple steps:
- Download the file linked above
- Extract the contents of the zip archive to your hard drive (using your operating system or a free utility such as 7-zip)
- Format your camera's SD card in-camera (optional, but recommended)
- Make sure your camera is adequately charged
- Connect the card to your computer
- Copy the FWDC601P.BIN file to the root of the SD card
- Download and copy the 01 lens firmware and/or 02 lens firmware to your SD card
- Insert the card into your camera
- Turn your camera on
- Press the MENU buton
- Go to the set-up 3 menu screen
- Select "Fimware Version Info"
- Select the option to upgrade firmware (if not present, check that you completed step 6 correctly)
- The camera will update its firmware and automatically power off after 5 seconds of completing the update. Do not touch the power button.
- Once the camera powers itself off, resume normal use. You may delete the .BIN file if you want.
For more help with the Pentax Q, we encourage you to visit our Pentax Q forum.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- "Architectural Elements" Photo...
- Guide to Camera and Autofocus Settings for...
- Pentax KP eBook Now Available
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.41 Released
- Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.23 Released
- Pentax HD D FA 15-30mm F2.8 Review Posted
- Ricoh Stays Committed to Cameras & Pentax...
- Topaz Spring Sale: 40% Off Everything