Pentax Q Firmware Version 1.10 Released
Focus peaking and stability/compatibility improvements
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Oct 26, 2012
On October 25th, Pentax released firmware version 1.10 for the recently-discontinued Pentax Q.
This update makes the camera compatible with the latest 06 Telephoto Zoom and K to Q mount adapter and includes various stability improvements. According to user reports, this firmware update also adds focus peaking to the focusing menu. If this is true, then this firmware represents a bold move by Pentax Ricoh to make loyal Pentax users happy!
Click here to download the firmware, and read on for installation instructions.
Pentax Q firmware update instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file linked above
- Extract the contents of the ZIP and locate the FWDC601P.BIN file
- Copy the file to the root (top level) of your SD card and insert the card into your camera
- Ensure that your camera is fully charged, then power it on
- Press the menu button to access the menu screen
- Using the 4-way controller, go to the set up (3) menu screen
- Select the firmware version info option
- Press the right button on the 4-way controller and select "start" to begin the upgrade
- Wait until the display indicates "COMPLETE". The camera will then power itself off after 5 seconds
- Resume normal use. You can also go back to the firmware menu to verify that the version number has changed.
Important: do not turn your camea off while the upgrade is in progress, and do not dismount the lens.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- 2018 Pentax Forums T-Shirts Now Available
- August "Movement at Night" Contest...
- New Pentax Lens Compatibility Tool
- Labor Day Pentax eBook Sale: 20% Off
- Announcing "Sunset or Moonrise" - Our...
- The Making of "Just Relaxing"
- "Vacation Atmosphere" Contest Winners
- The 5 Lens Autofocus Drive Types Explained