Pentax Q (v1.13) and Q10 (v1.02) Firmware Updates
Support for the 07 body cap lens
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Jul 4, 2013
Pentax Japan has just announced two new firmware updates for the Pentax Q and Q10 cameras. These updates add support for the recently-announced 07 body cap lens and they also include the latest minor bug fixes. We will soon be posting a hands-on video with the 07 lens for current users of the Q system.
All Pentax firmware updates are cumulative, so by installing the latest update you also receive all the fixes and features from previous updates.
Follow these links to download the latest firmware, and read on for installation instructions:
Pentax Q/Q10 firmware update instructions:
- Download the appropriate firmware ZIP file linked above
- Extract the contents of the ZIP and locate the .BIN file
- Copy the file to the root (top level) of your SD card and insert the card into your camera
- Ensure that your camera is fully charged, then power it on
- Press the menu button to access the menu screen
- Using the 4-way controller, go to the set up (3) menu tab
- Select the firmware version info option
- Press the right button on the 4-way controller and select "start" to begin the upgrade
- Wait until the display indicates "COMPLETE". The camera will then power itself off after 5 seconds
- Resume normal use. You can also go back to the firmware menu to verify that the version number has changed.
Important: do not turn your camea off while the upgrade is in progress, and do not remove the lens.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- October "The Sky" Contest Finalists...
- Current K-Mount Prime Lenses (2017)
- New Pentax Price Alert Feature
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.43 Released
- Lumenzia Action Panel for Photoshop
- How to Modify the DA* 60-250mm F4 for Full Frame
- Announcing "Fall Colors" - Our...
- A Hands-on Look at the Pentax K-1 Silver