Ricoh GR II Firmware v1.10 Released
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Aug 11, 2015
Firmware version 1.10 has recently been released for the new Ricoh GR II. This firmware update enhances the performance of the cameras Wi-Fi functionality and makes it fully compatible with the latest version of the Image Sync app, which is available to download through Google Play and the Apple App store.
New in Firmware v1.10
Below are the complete update notes from the Japanese Pentax firmware update site.
See also a similar firmware update for the Pentax K-S2.
Ricoh GR Firmware Upgrade Instructions
- Download the firmware ZIP file
- Unzip the zip file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .frm file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure the battery is fully charged
- Turn the camera on and go to the setup tab in the menu; select the "firmware" option
- Select "Yes" at the firmware upgrade prompt
- Once the screen displays "Firmware update complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go back to the firmware option in the setup menu. The screen should indicate the latest version. You can now resume normal camera use.
Need help? Visit our Ricoh GR forum.
The Ricoh GR and GR II are among the world's smallest compact cameras with an APS-C sensor. To learn more about the GR series, read our in-depth Ricoh GR review. The GR II currently retails for $696 in the US.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax Forums Giveaway: Win a Pentax D FA★...
- March "Portrait" Contest Finalists...
- Pentax K-3 III: Available for US Pre-order
- Announcing Our April 2021 Photo Contest
- Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Officially Announced
- Theta Z1 51GB Announced
- The Making of "Sleepless in Seattle"
- February 2021 "Cityscape by Night"...