Ricoh GR II Firmware v2.00 Released
New features and accessory compatibility
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Feb 16, 2016
Ricoh Imaging has just released firmware version 2.00 for the Ricoh GR II. This update introduces a number of new features and adds support for the upcoming GM-1 macro conversion lens accessory.
New in Firmware v2.00
Below are the complete update notes from the Japanese Pentax firmware update site.
More details have been published in an addendum to the camera manual.
Ricoh GR Firmware Upgrade Instructions
- Download the firmware ZIP file
- Unzip the zip file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .frm file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure the battery is fully charged
- Turn the camera on and go to the setup tab in the menu; select the "firmware" option
- Select "Yes" at the firmware upgrade prompt
- Once the screen displays "Firmware update complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go back to the firmware option in the setup menu. The screen should indicate the latest version. You can now resume normal camera use.
Need help? Visit our Ricoh GR forum.
The Ricoh GR and GR II are among the world's smallest compact cameras with an APS-C sensor. To learn more about the GR series, read our in-depth Ricoh GR review. The GR II currently retails for $559 in the US.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- October "The Sky" Contest Finalists...
- Current K-Mount Prime Lenses (2017)
- New Pentax Price Alert Feature
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.43 Released
- Lumenzia Action Panel for Photoshop
- How to Modify the DA* 60-250mm F4 for Full Frame
- Announcing "Fall Colors" - Our...
- A Hands-on Look at the Pentax K-1 Silver