Ricoh GR III Firmware v1.20 Released
Feature additions and performance improvements
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Jul 4, 2019
Ricoh Imaging today released the second firmware update, v1.20, for the recently-launched GR III. This update is also the first feature-enhancing update; it adds a handful of features to the camera which are not present in the original firmware. Like all updates, it is cumulative and includes everything added in prior updated firmware versions.
Firmware Release Notes
Click here to download the update from the official Pentax firmware website.
For installation help or to discuss the update, visit our Ricoh GR forum.
Ricoh GR III Firmware Upgrade Instructions
- Download the firmware ZIP file
- Unzip the zip file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .bin file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure the battery is fully charged
- Turn the camera on while holding the menu button
- Select "Yes" at the firmware upgrade prompt
- Once the screen displays "Update completed", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go back to the firmware option in the setup menu. The screen should indicate the latest version. You can now resume normal camera use.
The Ricoh GR III, a 24-megapixel "pro" APS-C compact camera, has recently hit the shelves after seeing heavy demand through pre-orders. The GR III currently retails for $899 in the US. Our in-depth review of the camera will be posted in the coming days.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- June "Macro - Flowers and Plants"...
- Gradient Overlays for Great Looking Photographs...
- HD Pentax-DA 10-17mm Fish-eye Announced
- DA* 11-18mm F2.8 $100 Instant Rebate
- Announcing "Dominant Color - Red" -...
- Pentax 100th Celebration: Instagram Photo Contest
- The Making of "Traditional Cavalry"
- "Action" Contest Winners