Ricoh GR III Firmware v1.30 Released
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Oct 10, 2019
Ricoh Imaging today released the third firmware update, v1.30, for the recently-launched GR III. This update is the second feature-enhancing update; it primarily adds cross processing functionality (similar to what is available in Pentax DSLRs) and additional button customization options. Like all updates, it is cumulative and includes everything added in prior updated firmware versions.
Firmware Release Notes
Click here to download the update from the official Pentax firmware website.
For installation help or to discuss the update, visit our Ricoh GR forum.
Ricoh GR III Firmware Upgrade Instructions
- Download the firmware ZIP file
- Unzip the zip file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .bin file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure the battery is fully charged
- Turn the camera on while holding the menu button
- Select "Yes" at the firmware upgrade prompt
- Once the screen displays "Update completed", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go back to the firmware option in the setup menu. The screen should indicate the latest version. You can now resume normal camera use.