Ricoh GR III Firmware v1.30 Released
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Oct 10, 2019
Ricoh Imaging today released the third firmware update, v1.30, for the recently-launched GR III. This update is the second feature-enhancing update; it primarily adds cross processing functionality (similar to what is available in Pentax DSLRs) and additional button customization options. Like all updates, it is cumulative and includes everything added in prior updated firmware versions.
Firmware Release Notes
New features added
- [Cross Processing] has been added [Image control] of the [Image Process Setting 6] menu in the [Still Image Settings].
- [Cross Processing] has been added to [Image control] of the [Image Process Setting 6] menu in the [Movie Settings].
- [Crop] and [Touch AF] can be registered to [ADJ Mode Setting] of the [Customize Control 2] menu in the [Customize Settings].
- [Touch AF] can be registered to [Fn Button Setting] of the [Customize Control 2] menu in the [Customize Settings].
Learn more in the supplement to the GR III user manual.
- Improved the AF performance of [Macro Mode] in dark places and low contrast.
- Changes to the [JPEG Recorded Pixels] setting in RAW development will now be remembered across multiple files.
- When preparing to shoot with the shutter button, changed the point at which the electronic level is hidden by the guide display.
- Improved stability for general performance.
Click here to download the update from the official Pentax firmware website.
For installation help or to discuss the update, visit our Ricoh GR forum.
Ricoh GR III Firmware Upgrade Instructions
- Download the firmware ZIP file
- Unzip the zip file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .bin file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure the battery is fully charged
- Turn the camera on while holding the menu button
- Select "Yes" at the firmware upgrade prompt
- Once the screen displays "Update completed", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go back to the firmware option in the setup menu. The screen should indicate the latest version. You can now resume normal camera use.
The Ricoh GR III is a 24-megapixel "pro" APS-C compact camera. The GR III currently retails for $899 in the US. Learn more about it in our in-depth review.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax DA* 16-50mm PLM Overview Video
- Announcing Our June, 2023 Photo Contest
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...