Ricoh GR III Firmware v1.41 Released
New "full press snap" option for all GR III owners
By Indopunk in Firmware Updates on Aug 5, 2020
Ricoh Imaging released the sixth firmware update, v1.41, for the recently-launched GR III. This update provides all GR III owners with the "full press snap" shooting mode from the GR III Street Edition, and fixes a GPS-related bug. Thus, it applies to both camera models. Like all updates, it is cumulative and includes everything added in prior updated firmware versions.
Firmware Release Notes
Click here to download the update from the official Pentax firmware website.
For installation help or to discuss the update, visit our Ricoh GR forum.
Ricoh GR III Firmware Upgrade Instructions
- Download the firmware ZIP file
- Unzip the zip file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .bin file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure the battery is fully charged
- Turn the camera on while holding the menu button
- Select "Yes" at the firmware upgrade prompt
- Once the screen displays "Update completed", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go back to the firmware option in the setup menu. The screen should indicate the latest version. You can now resume normal camera use.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax KF, K-3 III and K-3 III Monochrome...
- Pentax O-ICK1 Sensor Cleaning Kit Review
- August "People" Contest Finalists...
- The Pentax Cross-format Lens and Accessory Guide
- Clackers: The master of dad jokes, beginner...
- Announcing Our September, 2023 Photo Contest
- The Making of "Bordeaux - Pont de...
- July 2023 "Bridges" Photo Contest...