Ricoh GR III Firmware v1.10 Released
First firmware update enhances stability and AF performance
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Apr 24, 2019
Ricoh Imaging has recently released the first firmware update for the recently-launched GR III. The update promises to improve autofocus performance in dark lighting conditions, and enables wi-fi image transfers via the latest version of the Image Sync app.
Firmware Release Notes
We understand that other wi-fi features of Image Sync, such as remote capture, are currently not working as intended with the GR III and will be addressed via future software updates.
Click here to download the update from the official website.
For installation help or to discuss the update, visit the firmware v1.1 thread in our Ricoh GR forum.
Ricoh GR III Firmware Upgrade Instructions
- Download the firmware ZIP file
- Unzip the zip file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .bin file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure the battery is fully charged
- Turn the camera on while holding the menu button
- Select "Yes" at the firmware upgrade prompt
- Once the screen displays "Update completed", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go back to the firmware option in the setup menu. The screen should indicate the latest version. You can now resume normal camera use.
The Ricoh GR III, a 24-megapixel APS-C compact camera, has recently hit the shelves after seeing heavy demand through pre-orders. The GR III currently retails for $899 in the US. Stay tuned for our in-depth review!