Ricoh GR III v1.61, GR IIIx v1.11 Firmware Update Released
New firmware brings updates from GR IIIx to all GR III models
By wadge22 in Firmware Updates on Aug 12, 2022
Ricoh Imaging has released new firmware updates for the GR III (firmware v1.61) and GR IIIx (v1.11). These updates include SD card stability improvements and bug fixes, and do not appear to introduce any new features.
Like all updates, these are cumulative and include everything added in prior updated firmware versions.
Firmware Release Notes for GR III
Click here to download the update from the official Ricoh firmware website.
Firmware Release Notes for GR IIIx
Ricoh GR III Firmware Upgrade Instructions
- Download the firmware ZIP file ( for the GR III here, for the GR IIIx here)
- Unzip the zip file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .bin file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure the battery is fully charged
- Turn the camera on while holding the menu button
- Select "Yes" at the firmware upgrade prompt
- Once the screen displays "Update completed", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go back to the firmware option in the setup menu. The screen should indicate the latest version. You can now resume normal camera use.
The Ricoh GR III and GR IIIx are 24-megapixel "pro" APS-C compact cameras. The GR III currently retails for $896.95 in the US. Learn more about it in our in-depth review. The GR IIIx currently retails for $996.95 in the US.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax O-ICK1 Sensor Cleaning Kit Review
- August "People" Contest Finalists...
- The Pentax Cross-format Lens and Accessory Guide
- Clackers: The master of dad jokes, beginner...
- Announcing Our September, 2023 Photo Contest
- The Making of "Bordeaux - Pont de...
- July 2023 "Bridges" Photo Contest...
- July "Bridges" Contest Finalists...