A Hands-on Look at the Pentax K-1 Silver
Latest special edition Pentax DSLR
By PF Staff in Hands-On Tests on Oct 31, 2017
The Limited Silver edition of the Pentax K-1 hit the shelves late last month, and is now nearly sold out in the US. It has become more or less a tradition for Pentax to offer silver versions of its flagship camera models. You can read about other special models here. In other cases, such as that of the Pentax KP, a silver variant is made available at launch.
A lot of users initially wondered if the silver finish of this K-1 matches that of Pentax's silver lenses. The answer is "yes"- as you can see in the photos, the camera blends in perfectly with the FA* 300mm F2.8 lens. Here is a list of all silver full-frame lenses from Pentax. While some may be hard to find, these lenses are the perfect pairing for a Pentax collector, and also double nicely as tools for professional photography. The silver versions of all HD DA-series Limited lenses likewise match the silver K-1's finish, but with the exception of the 40mm, these lenses should be used in crop mode.
The silver K-1 also comes with a few other extras beyond the standard model:
- Silver BG-6 battery grip (with 2 trays, for 1 D-Li90 battery or 6 AA's)
- Extra D-Li 90 battery
- Engraved metal hotshoe plate
Well, that pretty much sums up all you need to know about the special edition of the K-1. To learn more about the camera's core features, stop by our in-depth review of the K-1.
Whether you get the silver or black K-1, it's an excellent value for a 36-megapixel full frame. Passing on the K-1 silver? You can currently get the standard black version with a free grip!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our March 2021 Photo Contest
- Coming in 2021: HD Pentax-DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED...
- HD Variants of FA 31mm, 43mm, and 77mm Limiteds...
- January 2021 "Best of 2020" Photo...
- Pentax K-3 III Release Delayed Past CP+ 2021
- January "Best of 2020" Contest...
- Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Review Posted
- There's something special about that lens:...