A Hands-on Look at the Pentax K-1 Silver
Latest special edition Pentax DSLR
By PF Staff in Hands-On Tests on Oct 31, 2017
The Limited Silver edition of the Pentax K-1 hit the shelves late last month, and is now nearly sold out in the US. It has become more or less a tradition for Pentax to offer silver versions of its flagship camera models. You can read about other special models here. In other cases, such as that of the Pentax KP, a silver variant is made available at launch.
A lot of users initially wondered if the silver finish of this K-1 matches that of Pentax's silver lenses. The answer is "yes"- as you can see in the photos, the camera blends in perfectly with the FA* 300mm F2.8 lens. Here is a list of all silver full-frame lenses from Pentax. While some may be hard to find, these lenses are the perfect pairing for a Pentax collector, and also double nicely as tools for professional photography. The silver versions of all HD DA-series Limited lenses likewise match the silver K-1's finish, but with the exception of the 40mm, these lenses should be used in crop mode.
The silver K-1 also comes with a few other extras beyond the standard model:
- Silver BG-6 battery grip (with 2 trays, for 1 D-Li90 battery or 6 AA's)
- Extra D-Li 90 battery
- Engraved metal hotshoe plate
Well, that pretty much sums up all you need to know about the special edition of the K-1. To learn more about the camera's core features, stop by our in-depth review of the K-1.
Whether you get the silver or black K-1, it's an excellent value for a 36-megapixel full frame. Passing on the K-1 silver? You can currently get the standard black version with a free grip!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 3, 2022
- Save $300 on the Pentax K-3 Mark III
- Announcing Our May 2022 Photo Contest