Buy, sell, and trade camera gear
By PF Staff in Site Information on Apr 24, 2012
Highly unique to our site is the Pentax Photographic Marketplace & Classifieds Section, which allows all forum members to list their old or unwanted photography gear for sale. This not only allows users to easily find buyers for their items, but it also gives those buyers a very large selection of items that may not be available elsewhere - especially rare or used equipment! Although the transactions themselves are not processed through our site, by using the Marketplace, forum members reach thousands of potential buyers quickly and easily. In addition, the Marketplace has a built-in feedback system that can build users' reputations on the site, and best of all, there are no fees for listing items! We feel that a resource such as this one is integral to any large community of users.
Our Marketplace has two sections- the "For-Sale" section and the "Wanted Items" section. Features include an item listing form, which makes selling and describing items easy, automatic thread prefixes, and automated thread-closure controls once an item is sold.
Since members are not shown ads, there are some restrictions on who can use the For-Sale section, although all forum users are welcome to use the Wanted Items section. Users must meet one of the following criteria in order to be able to sell items in the For-Sale section:
- Site Supporter Status (obtained after making a donation to the site)
- Pentaxian Status (obtained after being a member of the site for 2 years and having at least 200 posts)
- Pentaxian Status (obtained after making 1,000 posts)
Users who meet one of the above conditions have unlimited access to the Marketplace for personal use.
We also allow users to sell items commercially, or in bulk, although in order to do this, a monthly $10 fee is charged. We do NOT charge any fees on a per-item basis, and there is no limit to the number of items sold by any individual user, within reason.
Below are useful links pertinent to the Marketplace:
We hope you enjoy the Marketplace! Thousands of forum users have happily and safely used it since 2006!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Guide: DSLR Lens Resolution Testing at Home
- Pentaxian Profile - Giovanni Corona
- August "Portrait" Contest Finalists...
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.42 Released
- Pentax K-1 Silver Now in Stock in the US
- DSLR Guide for Shooting Sports II: Horse Racing
- The Making of "Solemnity"
- Making a 350-megapixel Milky Way Panorama