Pentax K-5 Specifications - Official?
Official specs are out for the K-r, but what about those for the high-end K-5?
By PF Staff in Pentax Rumors on Sep 10, 2010
It has been been rumored that while September 9th would be the date for the official Pentax K-r announcement, we wouldn't hear anything about the K-5 until the 22nd- nearly two weeks later!
So far, here is all the credible information that we have for the K-5 specifications:
- Body-only price: $1699 (as this is the MSRP, prices at retailers will likely be at least $100 lower)
- Magnesium body with rubber and polycarbonate exterior
- Weather-sealed with 80 rubber seals
- Weight: 770g
- Dimensions: 131mm x 97mm x 73mm
- USB 2.0, HDMI, dual SD/SDHC slots
- Sensor: 16.2 Megapixel Sony EXEMOR; APS-C size: 23.6x15.8mm
- Shutter: up to 8 FPS continuous shooting
- New SAFOX IX+ focusing system with superior performance
- 18 AF points (7 more than previous Pentax DSLRs)
- AF-Single and AF-Continuous
- Manual Focus
- 4 new modes for AF-C: auto, action, portrait, and night
- ISO range: 100-12800, expandable to 50-25600
- Full HD 1080p (1920x1080) 30fps or 25fps
- 720p (1280x720) 30fps or 25fps
- VGA (640x480) 30fps or 25fps
- Custom video modes: Av, Sv, Tv, M (a long-awaited feature)
- External microphone jack
- Expanded video processing
- Pentaprism viewfinder with 100% picture frame coverage and 0.92x magnification
- Focus points superimposed in viewfinder
- Available EV compensation from -2EV to +1EV with 0.5EV steps
- P-TTL flash, GN 13
- Sync speed of 1/250s or 1/180s, depending on external flash model
- Wireless sync, IrSimple sync
As we can see by these specifications for the K-5, it will likely be more of a professional body, with the K-7 filling the gap between it and the K-r.Discuss the K-5 specifications on our forum.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.41 Released
- Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.23 Released
- Pentax HD D FA 15-30mm F2.8 Review Posted
- Ricoh Stays Committed to Cameras & Pentax...
- Topaz Spring Sale: 40% Off Everything
- The Making of "Autumn Colors"
- Review of the Everyday Sling Bag by Peak Design
- "Benches" Photo Contest Winners