Pentax K-r Specifications
More information on Pentax's new body leaked
By PF Staff in Pentax Rumors on Sep 6, 2010
PentaxForums received the following information today regarding the upcoming K-r body, which is intended to be the successor of the popular K-x:
We have received the following information regarding the K-r:
...there is a cool, unique feature about the K-r that will help really differentiate it from the K-x; it will natively accept a lithium-ion battery but with an insert will also accommodate AA batteries. No grip will be required and a query regarding available grip was met with complete silence...
..another feature you can add to your list for the K-r is viewfinder illuminated focusing point.
New additional features of the K-r will therefore be:
- Native rechargeable battery support as well as optional insert for AA batteries
- Focusing points in viewfinder
They are in addition to the following rumored features:
- 12 Mexapixel Sensor
- 6 frames per second
- Up to 120 color combinations: 10 body colors, and 12 grip colors
- To be officially announcd in September
- To be released in October, 2010
- $875 suggested retail price
- Intro-level DSLR
We expect to hear more about this body on Thursday, September 9th, when Pentax is expected to give a press-release announcement. Discuss this news on the forum.You may also be interested in reading about the Pentax K-5 specifications. The K-5 will be Pentax's new flagship body.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...
- Ricoh announces 97% profit increase for Fiscal...
- The K1000 that Survived Being Run Over by a Tank
- Announcing Our May, 2023 Photo Contest