Pentax K-r Specifications
More information on Pentax's new body leaked
By PF Staff in Pentax Rumors on Sep 6, 2010
We have received the following information regarding the K-r:
...there is a cool, unique feature about the K-r that will help really differentiate it from the K-x; it will natively accept a lithium-ion battery but with an insert will also accommodate AA batteries. No grip will be required and a query regarding available grip was met with complete silence...
..another feature you can add to your list for the K-r is viewfinder illuminated focusing point.
New additional features of the K-r will therefore be:
- Native rechargeable battery support as well as optional insert for AA batteries
- Focusing points in viewfinder
They are in addition to the following rumored features:
- 12 Mexapixel Sensor
- 6 frames per second
- Up to 120 color combinations: 10 body colors, and 12 grip colors
- To be officially announcd in September
- To be released in October, 2010
- $875 suggested retail price
- Intro-level DSLR
We expect to hear more about this body on Thursday, September 9th, when Pentax is expected to give a press-release announcement. Discuss this news on the forum.You may also be interested in reading about the Pentax K-5 specifications. The K-5 will be Pentax's new flagship body.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Travel Photography - Making the Most of Your...
- HD Pentax D-FA 150-450mm F4.5-F5.6 Review Posted
- Review of the Off Road Hiker 30 Backpack by...
- Pentax KP $987 with Free Battery Grip
- The Making of "Island Hopping in the Tidal...
- Behind the Scenes: Ultra-Wide Review Cover Photo
- Big June Pentax Lens Sale
- "Flowing Water" Photo Contest Winners