Pentax K-r Specifications
More information on Pentax's new body leaked
By PF Staff in Pentax Rumors on Sep 6, 2010
We have received the following information regarding the K-r:
...there is a cool, unique feature about the K-r that will help really differentiate it from the K-x; it will natively accept a lithium-ion battery but with an insert will also accommodate AA batteries. No grip will be required and a query regarding available grip was met with complete silence...
..another feature you can add to your list for the K-r is viewfinder illuminated focusing point.
New additional features of the K-r will therefore be:
- Native rechargeable battery support as well as optional insert for AA batteries
- Focusing points in viewfinder
They are in addition to the following rumored features:
- 12 Mexapixel Sensor
- 6 frames per second
- Up to 120 color combinations: 10 body colors, and 12 grip colors
- To be officially announcd in September
- To be released in October, 2010
- $875 suggested retail price
- Intro-level DSLR
We expect to hear more about this body on Thursday, September 9th, when Pentax is expected to give a press-release announcement. Discuss this news on the forum.You may also be interested in reading about the Pentax K-5 specifications. The K-5 will be Pentax's new flagship body.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- K-1 II Dynamic Pixel Shift: First Impressions
- Pentax FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Review Posted
- March "Birds" Contest Finalists...
- D FA★ 50mm F1.4 Production Delayed
- Pentax K-1 II In Stock in the US
- Pentax K-1 II eBook Now Available, 25% Off
- Pentax FA 77mm F1.8 Limited Review Posted
- Announcing "Boats" - Our April 2018...