DA★ 11-18mm and D FA★ 50mm on the Horizon
Two pro-series K-mount lenses
By PF Staff in Pentax Rumors on Oct 26, 2017
Both the APS-C and full frame Pentax K-mount lens lines are about to be bolstered with the imminent launch of two new pro-series lenses: the DA★ 11-18mm F2.8 and the D FA★ 50mm F1.4, as revealed by leaks from the Japanese store Nokishita Camera.
While we currently know little about these lenses, they will both receive the ★ (star) designation, which denotes Pentax's top-of-the-line lenses. You can therefore expect features such as All Weather sealing, HD coating, reliable silent autofocus, and precise full-time manual focus override.
We previously saw a prototype of the 50mm at the CP+ show earlier this year. While the 11-18mm wasn't mentioned back then, a mysterious wide-angle zoom had previously been roadmapped. The 50mm is the first prime lens to join the digital-era full-frame lens lineup, and we very have high expectations for its image quality.
We expect these lenses to be on display at the PhotoPlus show in New York, which will take place this weekend. We will provide coverage directly from the show and publish more details as they become available. Until then, please feel free to chime in on the rumor discussion on the forum:
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our July, 2022 Photo Contest
- Pentax K-3 III v1.50, K-1 II v1.40, K-1 v1.70...
- May 2022 "Ultra-wide Perspective"...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: June 22nd, 2022
- May "Ultra-wide Perspective" Contest...
- Venus Laowa Offers 15mm F4.5 R Zero-D Shift for...
- Ricoh Releases Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit
- The Making of "Mirror City"