New Pentax K-70 Rumored
New DSLR body on the horizon
By PF Staff in Pentax Rumors on May 20, 2016
Rumors have it that Ricoh Imaging has recently registered the name "Pentax K-70" with the Korean RRA— an organization that regulates telecommunications that is essentially the Korean equivalent of the FCC. See the original source over at Digicame Info, translated from Japanese.
This means that it's highly likely that the K-70 will be the next Pentax DSLR model. Given the RRA registration, we suspect that this model will feature in-camera Wi-Fi.
Further details about the K-70 are currently unknown. Since the Pentax K-50 is now out of production, though, we suspect that this might be its replacement. Another possibility is that the K-70 would be positioned between the mid-range Pentax K-S2 and APS-C flagship Pentax K-3 II.
What features do you think the K-70 will have? What features would you like to see? Post in the comments or follow more buzz on the forum.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax Forums Giveaway: Win a Pentax D FA★...
- March "Portrait" Contest Finalists...
- Pentax K-3 III: Available for US Pre-order
- Announcing Our April 2021 Photo Contest
- Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Officially Announced
- Theta Z1 51GB Announced
- The Making of "Sleepless in Seattle"
- February 2021 "Cityscape by Night"...