Pentax 1.4x SDM Teleconverter Surfaces
The HD Pentax-DA 1.4x AW Rear Converter
By PF Staff in Pentax Rumors on Jan 25, 2014
A photo of the upcoming 1.4x Pentax teleconverter, which has been on the Pentax lens roadmap for several years, was recently posted on the forum by one of our members.
Although we have no knowledge of the official specifications at this point, the photo alone reveals a number of things:
- The teleconverter is fully weather sealed (AW designation) and almost certainly has a rubber gasket around its bayonet
- The teleconverter has contacts for lens data transmission, so aperture automation and lens/focal length recognition will be supported
- There is a screwdrive AF shaft, which means that screwdrive AF lenses will continue to support autofocus when used with this teleconverter
- There are SDM contacts, which means that SDM/DC AF lenses will continue to autofocus
- The teleconverter features Pentax's latest HD coating that minimizes reflectance.
Once we have the official specifications, expect to see the news first on our homepage. We will also be updating the converter's entry in our lens database.
A key photo trade show, CP+, is coming up in just over two weeks. We wouldn't be surprised if Pentax unveiled this teleconverter shortly before the show. We may also see a number of other lenses from the Pentax roadmap, including a telephoto "prosumer" zoom.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- August "Dramatic Sky" Contest...
- Announcing the Pentax K-3 Mark III eBook
- Pentax K-1 Mark II Overview Video
- Announcing Our September, 2022 Photo Contest
- July 2022 "Vacation" Photo Contest...
- July "Vacation" Contest Finalists...
- Using vintage lenses with the Pentax K-1 Mark II
- iOS Image Sync with the Pentax K-1 Mark II