Pentax K-1 Will Feature a 36.4-megapixel Sensor
Key specifications leaked
By PF Rumors in Pentax Rumors on Feb 12, 2016
Japanese news site digicame-info posted today the following rumored specifications for the upcoming Pentax full frame DSLR:
- Resolution: 36.4 megapixels
- Sensor size: 35.9 x 24.0 mm
- Continuous shooting: 6.5 frames / sec.
- ISO range: 100-204,800
- GPS built-in
- Media: SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Size: 136.5 x 110 x 85.5 mm
- Weight: 925 g
The site claims that the camera will be released "very soon" and that rumors indicate that the official product name will indeed be "Pentax K-1".
Furthermore, the effective pixel count, framerate, and ISO range suggests that the sensor in the K-1 differs from the 36-megapixel sensors found in existing full-frame bodies such as the Nikon D800 series. This would be consistent with Pentax's historical commitment to delivering highly-competitive still image quality. We expect to be impressed by the K-1 once we can put it through its paces!
Based on posted product photos and official teasers, we also know the following about the camera:
- Control layout similar to that of the K-3
- 5 User modes
- Dual SD card slots
- Top LCD with dedicated settings dial and third control wheel for select settings
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Sensor-shift Shake Reduction
- Multi-directional articulating LCD
- Retro-styled prism housing; no on-board flash
- Pixel-shift super resolution
- Support for a crop mode for DA lenses; enhanced viewfinder
Below are photos of a prototype K-1 body as it appeared at the 2015 Salon de la Photo show in Paris:
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-3 III v1.50, K-1 II v1.40, K-1 v1.70...
- May 2022 "Ultra-wide Perspective"...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: June 22nd, 2022
- May "Ultra-wide Perspective" Contest...
- Venus Laowa Offers 15mm F4.5 R Zero-D Shift for...
- Ricoh Releases Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit
- The Making of "Mirror City"
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: June 2nd, 2022