Pentax K-1 Limited Silver Coming Soon!
Special edition of the Pentax full frame DSLR
By PF Staff in Pentax Rumors on Aug 23, 2017
Nokishita Camera in Japan has recently shared that a special limited silver edition of the Pentax K-1 DSLR may be on its way in the coming weeks. Here's what we know so far; bear in mind this information is not official:
- Limited production of 2,000 units worldwide
- Includes special silver version of D-BG6 battery grip
- Silver color matching FA limited lenses
- Japanese MSRP of 297,000 JPY (approx. $2700 USD)
- To be released on September 14th
- Reservations start on August 24th
2017 has been a very quiet to date in terms of Pentax DSLR news— beside the KP launch in January and the D FA* 50mm F1.4 teaser in February, we haven't seen any new products in recent months. It looks like things may change in the Fall!
While it's certainly hard to come across each limited edition Pentax model after the initial sale, historically we have seen at least one special version of every flagship Pentax K-mount DSLR launched to date. Here's a quick overview:
- K-3 II Silver (Feb 2016)
- K-3 Prestige (Jul 2014)
- K-3 Silver (Nov 2013)
- K-5 Silver Special (Mar 2012)
- K-5 Silver (Mar 2011)
- K-7 Silver (Feb 2010)
- K20D Titanium (Mar 2009)
- K10D Grand Prix (Jun 2007)
- *ist D 50th Anniversary Edition (2004)
Stay tuned for the latest official information about the K-1 Silver!
Click on any thumbnail to enlarge.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-3 III: Available for US Pre-order
- Announcing Our April 2021 Photo Contest
- Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Officially Announced
- Theta Z1 51GB Announced
- The Making of "Sleepless in Seattle"
- February 2021 "Cityscape by Night"...
- Irix 45mm F1.4 Review Posted
- The D FA★ 50mm F1.4 is the Best Pentax Lens...