Pentax K-S1 Rumor
A redesigned entry-level DSLR
By PF Rumors in Pentax Rumors on Aug 19, 2014
Rumors of an entry-level DSLR named the "Pentax K-S1" have recently surfaced on the Japanese news site Digicame-Info.
Based on the leaked photos, the K-S1 resembles a Sony NEX fused with a Pentax K-r mirror box and viewfinder. Decorative lights and accents have been added in numerous places.
The K-S1 sports a new simplified button layout which no longer features the mode dial in its traditional location. While further specifications are currently unknown, the camera's design implies a focus on light weight and small size. Perhaps this camera will reclaim the title of the world's smallest DSLR!
We would expect the K-S1 to be priced similarly to the Pentax K-500, which may or may not see a successor itself in the coming months.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Travel Photography - Making the Most of Your...
- HD Pentax D-FA 150-450mm F4.5-F5.6 Review Posted
- Review of the Off Road Hiker 30 Backpack by...
- Pentax KP $987 with Free Battery Grip
- The Making of "Island Hopping in the Tidal...
- Behind the Scenes: Ultra-Wide Review Cover Photo
- Big June Pentax Lens Sale
- "Flowing Water" Photo Contest Winners