Pentax K-S1 Rumor
A redesigned entry-level DSLR
By PF Rumors in Pentax Rumors on Aug 19, 2014
Rumors of an entry-level DSLR named the "Pentax K-S1" have recently surfaced on the Japanese news site Digicame-Info.
Based on the leaked photos, the K-S1 resembles a Sony NEX fused with a Pentax K-r mirror box and viewfinder. Decorative lights and accents have been added in numerous places.
The K-S1 sports a new simplified button layout which no longer features the mode dial in its traditional location. While further specifications are currently unknown, the camera's design implies a focus on light weight and small size. Perhaps this camera will reclaim the title of the world's smallest DSLR!
We would expect the K-S1 to be priced similarly to the Pentax K-500, which may or may not see a successor itself in the coming months.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- "Architectural Elements" Photo...
- Guide to Camera and Autofocus Settings for...
- Pentax KP eBook Now Available
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.41 Released
- Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.23 Released
- Pentax HD D FA 15-30mm F2.8 Review Posted
- Ricoh Stays Committed to Cameras & Pentax...
- Topaz Spring Sale: 40% Off Everything