Pentax K-S1 Rumor
A redesigned entry-level DSLR
By PF Rumors in Pentax Rumors on Aug 19, 2014
Rumors of an entry-level DSLR named the "Pentax K-S1" have recently surfaced on the Japanese news site Digicame-Info.
Based on the leaked photos, the K-S1 resembles a Sony NEX fused with a Pentax K-r mirror box and viewfinder. Decorative lights and accents have been added in numerous places.
The K-S1 sports a new simplified button layout which no longer features the mode dial in its traditional location. While further specifications are currently unknown, the camera's design implies a focus on light weight and small size. Perhaps this camera will reclaim the title of the world's smallest DSLR!
We would expect the K-S1 to be priced similarly to the Pentax K-500, which may or may not see a successor itself in the coming months.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Guide: DSLR Lens Resolution Testing at Home
- Pentaxian Profile - Giovanni Corona
- August "Portrait" Contest Finalists...
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.42 Released
- Pentax K-1 Silver Now in Stock in the US
- DSLR Guide for Shooting Sports II: Horse Racing
- The Making of "Solemnity"
- Making a 350-megapixel Milky Way Panorama