Pentax K-S1 Rumor
A redesigned entry-level DSLR
By PF Rumors in Pentax Rumors on Aug 19, 2014
Rumors of an entry-level DSLR named the "Pentax K-S1" have recently surfaced on the Japanese news site Digicame-Info.
Based on the leaked photos, the K-S1 resembles a Sony NEX fused with a Pentax K-r mirror box and viewfinder. Decorative lights and accents have been added in numerous places.
The K-S1 sports a new simplified button layout which no longer features the mode dial in its traditional location. While further specifications are currently unknown, the camera's design implies a focus on light weight and small size. Perhaps this camera will reclaim the title of the world's smallest DSLR!
We would expect the K-S1 to be priced similarly to the Pentax K-500, which may or may not see a successor itself in the coming months.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax DA* 16-50mm PLM Overview Video
- Announcing Our June, 2023 Photo Contest
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...