Pentax K-S1 Specifications Leaked
A new 20-megapixel APS-C sensor
By PF Rumors in Pentax Rumors on Aug 20, 2014
General specifications of the Pentax K-S1 have just surfaced: it seems that this upcoming entry-level DSLR will feature a 20-megapixel APS-C sensor, which is a first for Pentax.
- ISO range: 100-51,200
- LCD: 3", 921k dots
- Shake reduction
- 1080/30p video with stereo mic
- D-Li109 battery (shared with K-r, K-30, K-50, and K-500)
- Dimensions: 120 x 92.5 x 69.5mm
Digicame-info reports that the camera will be available in 12 different colors; in this post we show the camera in white and grey.
While the weight of the camera remains unknown, the KS-1's dimensions are very close to those of the Canon SL-1, currently the world's smallest DSLR. It's clear that the Pentax K-S1 is being targeted at two key audiences: users who want a small DSLR, and photographers interested in fashionable cameras.
A photo of the KS-1 in grey:
Learn more about the K-S1 in our original rumor post.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Review of the Photocross 13 Sling Bag by...
- May "People - Candid or Street"...
- Irix 15mm F2.4 Firefly & Blackstone Review...
- The Making of "Lake Kilstivatnet"
- Announcing "Rivers and Fjords" - Our...
- Pentax K-1 Triple Giveaway: Summer 2018
- Pentax K-1 Upgrade Service Now Available: Guide
- "Boats" Contest Winners