Ricoh WG-M1 Specifications
A rugged outdoor video / stills camera
By PF Rumors in Pentax Rumors on Sep 9, 2014
A new camera will soon be joining the Ricoh (formerly Pentax) WG waterproof outdoor lineup. The new compact pictured above, which will be known as the Ricoh WG-M1, appears to be a video-oriented device with a nontraditional form factor. It inherits some of its styling from the current WG-4.
Its specifications are as follows:
- Waterproof to 10 meters for up to 1 hour
- Shock, dust, and coldproof (-10° C)
- Full-HD video recording at 30FPS
- 120FPS high-speed videos at 848x480
- Support for endless recording (i.e. limited by card size only)
- Time-lapse videos
- 14-megapixel 1/2.3" CMOS sensor
- 1.5-inch LCD with 115k dots
- 16.8mm (eqv.) lens with 160-degree field of view
- 6 elements in 6 groups
- 2 aspherical elements
- Variable field of view underwater
- Minimum focusing distance 0.6m (0.8m underwater)
- Micro SDHC card slot
- Built-in Wi-Fi w/ remote shooting capabilities
- 42.5x66.5x89.5 mm
- Weight: 151g (190g with battery and card)
This alongside the recently-launched WG mounting accessories shows that Ricoh is trying hard to expand the appeal of its products by following the same route that led GoPro to success, albeit perhaps a bit too late.
The presence of built-in Wi-Fi in this camera is of particular interest, as this would be a first for a Pentax/Ricoh.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- October "The Sky" Contest Finalists...
- Current K-Mount Prime Lenses (2017)
- New Pentax Price Alert Feature
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.43 Released
- Lumenzia Action Panel for Photoshop
- How to Modify the DA* 60-250mm F4 for Full Frame
- Announcing "Fall Colors" - Our...
- A Hands-on Look at the Pentax K-1 Silver