Optio WG1(-GPS) Announced
Shockproof, waterproof compact with GPS
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Feb 9, 2011
Along with its recent DSLR-related announcements, Pentax also announced two new compact cameras as successors to the 12.1-megapixel Optio W90: the Optio WG1 and the Optio WG-1 GPS. The only difference between the two models is that the latter has built-in GPS to support geotagging.
The new cameras feature a rugged shockproof and waterproof construction that allows you to take it underwater and use it in rough conditions. Other highlights include:
- 14 megapixel sensor
- 2.7 inch LCD
- 720p video recording
- 5x optical zoom equivalent to 28-140mm in 35mm format
- Built-in GPS
- Native support for Eye-Fi SD cards
The Eye-Fi support is particularly exciting, as this means that you'll be able to wirelessly transfer your photos to your computer and access many other innovative wireless features! Read more here.
Like the remainder of the recently-announced Pentax products, the Optio WG1/WG1-GPS will ship starting April, 2011. The cameras will retail for $349 and $399 respectively.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Part 3: How Godzilla stomped on my Lightroom habit
- K-1 II Dynamic Pixel Shift: First Impressions
- Pentax FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Review Posted
- March "Birds" Contest Finalists...
- D FA★ 50mm F1.4 Production Delayed
- Pentax K-1 II In Stock in the US
- Pentax K-1 II eBook Now Available, 25% Off
- Pentax FA 77mm F1.8 Limited Review Posted