Pentax 645D Limited Announced
Special edition commemorating Grand Prix win
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Jul 13, 2011
In order to commemorate, Pentax has announced a limited-edition version of the 645D with an "elegant, laquer-finished body," gold lettering, and special box. Below is a complete list of features of the limited body:
- The body features a finely-crafted ruby laquer coat
- The grip has a semi-glossy black finish
- Lettering on the mode dial and logo is gold
- A faux leather camera strap with gold lettering
- An exclusive body cap with a glossy finish is supplied
- The top LCD panel has improved illumination
- A special center-spot-matte focusing screen (DS-80) is installed
- It comes in special wood packaging with a laser-engraved logo
- The latest firmware (v1.11) comes pre-installed
The camera will be built-to-order, and will soon become available for pre-order on Pentax's web store. Pentax states that each order will be fulfilled after approximately 4 months. As such, the total number of units produced will likely be lower than previous limited bodies (with 1,000 copies each). Each unit will cost approximately $15,000 (50% more than the normal body).
With this announcement, every high-end Pentax DSLR since 2006 has had either a limited silver or a Grand Prix version. See below for the complete gallery of Pentax limited DSLRs:
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Review of the Photocross 13 Sling Bag by...
- May "People - Candid or Street"...
- Irix 15mm F2.4 Firefly & Blackstone Review...
- The Making of "Lake Kilstivatnet"
- Announcing "Rivers and Fjords" - Our...
- Pentax K-1 Triple Giveaway: Summer 2018
- Pentax K-1 Upgrade Service Now Available: Guide
- "Boats" Contest Winners