Pentax Formally Apologizes for K-5 Stains
Statement on Pentax's Japan web site
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Jan 28, 2011
Pentax Japan has recently formally apologized for their lack of QA of a sizeable Pentax K-5 shipment, which caused hundreds of bodies to exhibit a "string of pearls" stain pattern on their sensor. Any affected body can be sent to Pentax for repair (sensor cleaning).
All new K-5 bodies should no longer have the issue; before claiming that your body does, please make sure that what you see on the sensor is not simply dust. Before buying a used K-5, please check its serial numbers against those listed in our serial database as defective.
Not all early K-5's were affected by this, but according to the serial database and general forum activity, it's clear that the number of defective bodies is very significant.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- 2018 Pentax Forums T-Shirts Now Available
- August "Movement at Night" Contest...
- New Pentax Lens Compatibility Tool
- Labor Day Pentax eBook Sale: 20% Off
- Announcing "Sunset or Moonrise" - Our...
- The Making of "Just Relaxing"
- "Vacation Atmosphere" Contest Winners
- The 5 Lens Autofocus Drive Types Explained